What We Believe
We adopt the Westminster Confession of Faith as our doctrinal standards. Our theological commitments include:
• The Bible is the inspired, authoritative, and inerrant Word of God.
• There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honored, and adored.
• All mankind participated in Adam’s fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally unable to save himself or earn the acceptance of God.
• When, by grace, sinners come to believe in Christ as Savior they are forgiven of all their sins, past, present, and future, are born again, become sons or daughters of God, and will persevere to the end.
• Justification is by faith alone and through it, the undeserving sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
• At death, the Christian’s soul passes immediately into the presence of God and the unbeliever’s soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.
• Baptism is a sign of God’s covenant and is properly administered to children of believers in their infancy as well as to those who come as adults to trust in Christ.
• Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly, and bodily to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
• The Gospel of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ must be preached to all the world as a witness before Jesus Christ returns.