Upcoming Sunday Schedule
- Sunday May 6 Pastor Tim Melton / We Belong To Jesus
- Sunday May 13 Pastor Julian Riddle / Mother’s Day
- Sunday May 20 Pastor Terry Baxley / Missions Emphasis
- Sunday May 27 TBA
- Sunday June 3 Graduation Sunday, Communicants Join
- Sunday June 10 Communion
If we don’t own our lives, but our lives belong to the Lord, then it is clear what error we should reject: That our life belongs to us. And it is clear what truth should direct all the decisions in our life: That our life belongs to God. Think about this…
- In regard to our Goals, our life does not belong to us. This means that we should not hoard and prize worthless idols, seeking to glorify ourselves as the ultimate goal of life.
- In regard to our Goals, our life belongs to God. This means that we should instead move toward prizing Christ, seeking to glorify Him as the ultimate goal of life.
- In Decision Making, our life does not belong to us. This means that we should not allow our reason and our selfish desires to direct our plans and actions.
- In Decision Making, our life belongs to God. This means that we should instead allow Christ’s Word, wisdom, and will to rule all of our decisions.
- In regard to Love, our life does not belong to us. This means that we should not live a life of self-love, and die with our accomplishments as our hearts greatest treasure.
- In regard to Love, our life belongs to God. This means that we should instead live a life of self-sacrificial love of Christ and others, and then die in the arms of Christ as our hearts greatest treasure.
If we lived like this and loved like this – having our lives ruled by God rather than our own reason – then our lives would increase in great joy. When we are guided by our own self-interest, it is like being led by a disease toward our own destruction. One of the greatest blessings of our salvation in Christ is that we no longer have to pretend to be wise in ourselves, but instead we can simply yield ourselves to follow Christ alone and trust him to lead our lives. (Written from thoughts found in: Institutes of the Christian Religion, by John Calvin.)
Communicants Class / May 18
We will be having a Communicants Class for 5th -12th graders who desire to become members of Surfside Presbyterian Church on May, 18th (6-9 pm) & 19th (9-11:30 am) here at the church. Please contact James Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org if your student plans to attend.
SPC Children’s Ministry Family Day at the Farm / May 19
Please join us for a fun family day at the Thomas’s farm on Saturday, May 19th, 10am- 6pm. Come when you can! Lunch will be provided at 1pm. We will be having family field day games, fishing (crickets provided), and time around a bonfire. Don’t forget your fishing rods, wear your play clothes, and be ready to have a great day with your church family! Please RSVP so we can know how much food to provide! email@example.com/240-577- 5373/or sign up at church. Directions: Hwy 501 N (or 544 W) to Hwy 378 W – 13.5 Miles and then turn right on Bay Road 5.2 Miles and then turn right on East Bay Rd. – 1.1 Miles and the Thomas’s Farm is on the right.
Free Concert / May 20
World renowned concert pianist, Rocky Fretz, also of the Carolina Opry in Myrtle Beach, will be presenting a free concert of Hymns and Spiritual music at Surfside Presbyterian Church on Sunday, May 20th at 6:30 pm. A love offering will be taken.
Graduation Sunday / June 3
Upcoming high school and college graduates get ready to be celebrated at Surfside PCA in just a few weeks! On Sunday, June 3rd we will recognize and honor our high school seniors during each of our services. In our slideshow we also like to include our college graduates. We don’t want to miss anyone. If you are graduating or have a student who is graduating, please contact Martha Jo Melton by e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or text or call her at 267-8879 if you have questions.
Campus Outreach Arrives / June 3
Campus Outreach college students will be joining us for worship during the summer. We will have a luncheon for them after church services.
Mercy Ministry’s mission is to reach out to fellow members of our church who are in temporary need of help due to illness, loss of employment, home repairs or other emergency expenses. If you are interested in becoming a Haven’s Helper or know of someone in the church, please contact Neal Turner Cell: 704-236- 4000
Deacon on Call
Chris Gilbert 440-241- 0644 Please notify the Deacon on Call of all activities taking place other than the regularly scheduled programs or if you are in need of any assistance during the week or weekend when the church office is closed.
Helping Hand Wish List
Pasta Sauce, Beef Stew, Peanut Butter, 1 lb. Bags of Rice, Ramen Noodles. Drop donations off in the container located in the ABF hallway.
Ladies Prayer Time
Ladies Prayer Group meets each Monday morning at 10:00 am, for information please call Jean Parnell 843-222- 8430.
Men’s Prayer Time
Men’s Thursday Prayer Group meets each Thursday morning at 8:00 am in the Conference Room.
Our sanctuary flowers this morning have been placed to the glory of God by Eve Nooft in memory of Al and his 1 st year anniversary in heaven.
(50+ anyone who would care to join us)
Wednesday May 16, 4:00 PM Southside Grill, Surfside Beach
We will be meeting this Thursday, May 10th in the Fellowship Hall for our visitation at 1:45. If you have a question, please call Darlene Frushour at 843-655- 0431.
Breakfast for Tuesday Morning Men’s / Ladies Bible Studies
Jerry Friedman will be preparing breakfast on Tuesday, May 15th for our Men’s & Ladies Bible Studies, we will be eating together in our Fellowship Hall at 9:00 am.