Pee Dee Presbytery will convene Thursday at 9am, April 19, 2018 at Kingstree PCA. In the meeting, Surfside Presbyterian will honor the life and ministry of ruling elder Tommy Swaim. The following is the content of the letter that will be presented.
With Gratitude for the Life of Thomas (Tommy) Henry Swaim III
Ruling Elder of Surfside Presbyterian Church, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Whereas it pleased our Savior in His wisdom and mercy to call Tommy home on February 15, 2018 after living on earth for 76 years.
- Whereas God called Tommy to faithfully serve Christ as a Ruling Elder of Surfside PCA. Tommy gave many hours in service to the Lord as a ruling elder, founder of this Church, first building committee leader as well as coordinating and teaching his Adult Bible Fellowship class and work on different church committees;
- Whereas Tommy loved the Bible, especially Hebrews, reading scripture often as well as reformed writers. Tommy was always concerned that the Word of God be taught often and accurately. Serving God as a teacher in his Church and as a member of the Pee Dee Presbytery Candidates and Credentials Committee;
- Whereas his labor with men, his love for the flock, his caring for the members of his Adult Bible Fellowship Class and his work in the Lord’s Church as he shepherded were clear evidence to those who knew him of his love for God’s people and commitment to the Lord;
- Whereas he obeyed the great commission through faithful support of the Church’s Mission Program and motivating many of our members to give and serve this vital ministry;
- Whereas Tommy is lovingly remembered as an avid hunter and a great shot who during a hunting trip to South Dakota bagged an extremely Rare Albino Pheasant after being told that would be impossible;
- Whereas he was a faithful prayer warrior for his Pastor, the Surfside Presbyterian Staff and members;
- Whereas he leaves behind a legacy of faithfulness to God and to God’s people.
Whereas he found great joy in the service of his wife, Kay for 38 years and father to his son Bart and daughters Tracy and Missy. Tommy also was a loving grandfather of eight and great grandfather of two.
- Therefore be it resolved, we the Session of Surfside Presbyterian Church record our thank you to God for the life and service of our friend and brother Thomas (Tommy) Henry Swaim III and that a copy of this concerning our brother be shared in the minutes of our Presbytery.