Last Sunday’s Sermon
Matthew 11:25-30 Learning of Christ
Worship Set This Sunday: Traditional / 11:15am
Musical Call to Worship: “There’s Something About That Name” – Choir
268 – God, Our Father, We Adore Thee
67 – The Love of God
521 – Redeemed
Offertory: “All Praise to You, Almighty King” – Choir
Daylight Savings Time
Please remember to turn your clocks up (Spring Forward) on Saturday evening before going to bed!
Student Ministry News
- March 9-11 (This weekend) Middle School Hit the Town: Weekend of Games, Go-Carts at Broadway Grand Prix , Worship, and the Gospel.
- March 21 Last Attic before Small Groups start
- April 20-22 High School Survivor- Weekend of Survivor type games where nobody gets kicked off the Island and a great time of Worship and teaching.
Children’s Ministry News
- Beth on Vacation Beth Baxley, our Children’s Director, will be out of town from March 10-17
- Sunday, March 11 / Covenant Kids: 9:45-10:45 Andrea Gaglioni and Caitlyn Taylor will lead worship and practice for Kids singing on Palm Sunday
- Diane Curry will lead a missions emphasis/Donut party for raising money for Change for Change
- Alli Heironimus and Donald and Amy Cassey will run playground duty
- Sunday School classes taught by teachers and they will run playgroup at 12:15 until parents pick up/teachers know that I will be gone.
- Wednesday Night: March 14th
- Program is cancelled
- Palm Sunday
- 9:45 Service: Children 3 years-5th grade will sing in worship service. Little ones will sing first, then the older kids will sing 2 songs along with the band
- 11:15 Service: Only younger kids will sing at the beginning of the service
- Easter Sunday
- 9:45-10:45 Only Covenant Kids/ no Sunday School classes
- Bogata May 1-5 (Tues-Sat) Beth is going to Bogota
- B3N July 31-August 2 – B3N Best Three Nights of Summer
Anyone 50+ come and join us for a movie and lunch at the church on Monday, March 19 @ 11:30 am. We will let you know the price of lunch from Little Pig BBQ. Anyone who is willing may bring a dessert to share. Call Cheri Butler to sign up @910-995-5857 or e-mail her @email@example.com.
Women’s Ministry Spring Conference
Ladies you are invited to attend our Spring Conference on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at Surfside Presbyterian Church. Lisa Hellier will be the speaker, conference will begin at 9:30 am with registration. Please sign up on the Women’s Ministry bulletin board in the hallway.
Our Military Easter Boxes
Our Church is getting ready to send cookies to our military men and women for Easter. We are in need of our Church family to bake lots of home made cookies and wrap each one in saran wrap or put 2 in a baggie. Then bring them to the Church on Sunday, March 11th or Monday morning the 12th and place them on the table in the conference room, just off the Narthex. We are having our children write letters to each one and we will also enclose a tract in the Easter card. Pictures and names of each of our military personnel in the hallway outside the church office. Bill Day does a very nice job keeping it up to date. Boxes will be packed on Monday afternoon, March 12th at 2:00. If you would like to help me, please let me know at Church or call Darlene Frushour at 843-655-0431. Thank you very much for all your support.