Maundy Thursday Worship Service – 6:30 – 8:00 pm
We would like to remind you of our Maundy Thursday Service at 6:30pm, March 24, 2016 here at Surfside Presbyterian Church. Along with this reminder, we would also like to help prepare you for worship by sharing just a bit of information about the evening:
Remembering the Last Supper – 6:30 pm
To begin our evening, we will have a reception in the Fellowship Hall.
During this time of our Maundy Thursday worship service we recall Jesus’ last passover supper with his disciples that took place before his arrest and subsequent crucifixion. As such, our time together at the beginning of the evening recalls the meal and fellowship that Jesus had with his dearest friends.
Worship and Communion – 7:pm
1) We will then go into our sanctuary at approximately 6:55 for our Maundy Thursday Communion Service. A nursery will be available for infants-3 yrs. old, and a children’s program for 4 year olds-3rd grade (upstairs Covenant Kids room).
2) The mood of our worship will change when we move into the sanctuary where we will remember that solemn moment at he end of the evening when Christ broke the bread and raised the cup and said, “Do this in remembrance of me.”
3) As we gather in the sanctuary we will sing together in solemn remembrance, recalling the events surrounding this moment in Jesus’ passion, and then we will take communion together.
4) Our communion worship will look a little different than usual. By rows, we will call you to the center aisle where you will walk to the front with your family or friends. James Booth will direct you from the center aisle. At the table, you will stop to receive the bread and the cup from Pastor Riddle and Pastor Melton. You will receive the bread first, then you will receive the cup.
5) If you have children with you who have not yet gone through communicant’s class, then we would ask you not to allow them to partake in communion. However, your children are free to stand beside you as you partake.
6) After partaking in communion and prayer, you will then return to your seats by moving to the outer aisle. We have included a graphic to give you a picture of how things will flow.
Order of Worship
Call to Worship: (Scripture)
Hymn: How Deep The Fathers Love
Hymn: There is a Fountain Filled with Blood
Devotional: Tim Melton
Special-Alas And Did My Savior Bleed
Hymn: Where You There
Special- Crown Of Thorns
Devotional: Julian Riddle
Dismiss in quiet prayer