A congregational meeting was called by the Session on Sunday May 3rd at 12:30pm at SPC for the purpose of approving a proposed campus expansion project that will include:
- enlargement of the existing sanctuary
- enlargement of the existing narthex
- the addition of an elevator in the education wing
- parking improvement
- youth ministry relocation
- kitchen modification
The congregation was asked to consider and approve two motions:
- Approve a credit facility (construction line of credit) not to exceed $1,000,000, supported by a 1st mortgage against the current property, and, as members of the corporation
- Approve the appointment of Senior Pastor Julian Riddle as President, and current Clerk of Session Will Parker as Secretary of the corporation, for the purpose of securing signing authority with regard to any banking and construction documents.
The final congregational vote was 140-18 in favor of these two motions.
The session and diaconate of SPC are unanimously agreed around this direction and are in the process of finalizing a builder who will provide us with a concept drawing of an expansion plan. We will have another congregational meeting very soon to announce our builder and to unveil a proposed concept drawing plan to our members. Please join us in prayer during this season as we seek to meet the needs of our church family at SPC so that we may better glorify God through gospel centered worship and ministry here in the city of Surfside and beyond.
“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” – 1 Corinthians 10:31